Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
Arlington, TX 76015 US
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
In Office | Arlington, Texas
$26-30 hourly | Direct Hire
Excellent Schedule | Benefits Package with Competitive Pay
- LPN/ LVN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently licensed to practice in the state where clinic is located.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) Certification
- Performs patient triage including the assessment of vital signs and measurement of anthropometric measures, history taking, and reviews patient chart to ensure all necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to facilitate provider visit and documents them accordingly in the EMR.
- Processes medication refills per medical provider’s order and in compliance with Medication refill and EMR Policies.
- Performs venipuncture, obtains specimens, and processes these according to laboratory specific requirements.
- Performs care team intake procedures under the responsibility of the Registered Nurse.
- Performs intravenous catheterization and administers intravenous fluids and medications per medical provider order, upon completion of IV Infusion Certification.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods according to established protocols and procedures.
- Documents all patient care in an accurate and timely manner, and ensures compliance with grant requirements (340B, HRSA, Ryan White).
- Requests diagnostic test results from external laboratories and/or other health care providers.
- Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services with other departments, healthcare facilities, organizations, and federal and local programs.
- Maintains and promotes confidentiality and HIPAA standards regarding patients and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Maintains and stocks inventory of clinical supplies, medications (including samples), and vaccines, and completes the necessary logs per policies and procedures.
- Delegates tasks to MAs, Phlebotomists, and support staff as needed and follows up to ensure these are completed effectively.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional nursing practice.
- Maintains nursing licensure up-to-date and in compliance with state and regulatory requirements.
- Continues professional training and education to advance knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS, STIs and other topics related to the care of the Organization's mission patients.
- Participates in continuous quality assurance and safety compliance activities as delegated by nurse manager, practice administrator.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, professionalism, and respect in all interpersonal relationships with patients, clients, staff, and visitors.
- Continuously demonstrates clinical competency with nursing skills and safety procedures and utilizes universal precautions where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of HIV/STI/Hep C documentation protocols.
- Knowledge of local, federal, department, and OSHA/Stericycle rules, regulations, and mandates.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies.
- Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing, and nursing care.
- Skill in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and emergency response.
- Skill in patient triage in person, on the phone, or via telehealth.
- Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.